Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato and Leek Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato and Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and should be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, can better your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, would you believe, are fantastic for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the most essential part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping you cheer up. Eggs, particularly the yolks, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Try eating an egg and be happy!
As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and leek soup recipe. You can cook potato and leek soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato and Leek Soup:
- Get 1 quart of chicken broth.
- Provide 2/3 pound of smoked bacon.
- Get 3 cups of chopped savory cabbage.
- Take 6 of medium sized potatoes.
- Get 2 of large carrots.
- Get 1 of leek.
- Provide 1 of medium onion.
- Provide 1-1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Take 1/3 cup of parsley flakes.
- Use 1 leaf of bay leaf.
- Use 2/3 cup of sour cream.
Steps to make Potato and Leek Soup:
- Chop the cabbage, peel the carrots, and fry the bacon. Wash and dice the potatoes..
- Cut the the carrots. Dice the onion. Wash the leek very well. Then slice..
- Add the butter and melt in the pot add all but the sour cream to the melted butter. Crumble the bacon and add. Simmer on low till all the vegetables are tender. About an hour covered..
- Take two cups of broth from the soup. Add the sour cream to the broth you took out and whisk till mixed well..
- Pour mixture back into the soup and incorporate well cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
Cover and bring to the boil. Serve with a bit of hot sauce for an extra kick and a sprinkling of croutons for added crunch. Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. They're notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to wash them well. Start by cutting off and discarding the root ends and thick dark green parts.
If you find this Potato and Leek Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.