Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spinach hand pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach hand pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of wellness. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be excellent for quick snacks to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach hand pies recipe. You can cook spinach hand pies using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach hand pies:
- Prepare 2 cups of baby spinach leaves ,tightly packed.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of onion , finely chopped.
- Provide 2 & 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of eggs, slightly beaten.
- Get 1/4 cup +2 tbsp of ricotta cheese.
- Get 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese , grated.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oi.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Use 1 packet/ 2 sheets of puff pastry sheets.
Steps to make Spinach hand pies:
- In a skillet heat oil and saute the onions and garlic until soft. Turn heat off and let cool..
- In a medium size mixing bowl add all the remaining ingredients except the puff pastry sheets and eggs..
- Add the spinach once cooled and mix all the ingredients well. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly..
- On a lightly floured surface gently roll out one pastry sheet. Using a square or round cookie cutter, cut the pastry sheet..
- Brush each round / square with egg, place a little spinach and cheese mixture and fold over. Press the edges gently to seal the pie. Make slight indentations along the edge by pressing a fork along the sealed edges. Repeat the same process with the second sheet and all the the cut squares / rounds..
- Preheat oven at 200 degree centigrade. Line a baking tray with parchment paper..
- Brush egg on top off all the pies, place them on baking sheet and bake for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown..
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Can be eaten warm or at room temperature..
- Makes 8 – 10 pies depending on the size of of the cutter..
Get the recipe at Bakeaholic Mama. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide. Spanakopita can be made in a large casserole dish like in today's recipe, or in the form of hand pies shaped in triangles or even rolls. When I was at an Atlanta-area Greek festival a few weeks ago, my daughter's lunch of choice was a piece of spanakopita and a side of Greek salad. Fold the sides over to form the shape of a pie slice and even out the filling as necessary.
If you find this Spinach hand pies recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.