Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Grains can be wonderful for overcoming a terrible mood. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all excellent for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full too which can truly help to better your mood. Feeling starved can be awful! These grains can elevate your mood as it’s easy for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread recipe. To make ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread you need 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Use 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- Provide of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- Use of Red potatoes (not too many).
- Use 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- Provide 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic.
- Take 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- Get of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- Take of Black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of white sugar.
- Use of Cornbread.
Instructions to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
Serve in individual soup bowls along with cornbread. The beans are pretty much done, so you can just cover and turn the heat off for awhile while you make the cornbread. I try never to eat beans without it. And cornbread, I've found, is such a personal thing. People are very rabid and passionate about the kind of cornbread they prefer, and it almost always relates back to the variety the ate during childhood.
If you find this Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.