Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Smothered Pork Chops recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Smothered Pork Chops recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smothered Pork Chops recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That has completely changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not operating as effectively as they should. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old models that happen to be more than ten years old. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, coupled with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less frequently, will also save electricity.
The kitchen on its own provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, of course. Typically, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smothered pork chops recipe. You can cook smothered pork chops using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Smothered Pork Chops:
- Get 5 of strips of bacon cut into small pieces.
- Use 2 of onions sliced thin.
- Provide 4 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 1 tsp of dry thyme leaves.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper.
- Get 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tapioca.
- Use 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 6 of bone in blade cut pork chops.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
Instructions to make Smothered Pork Chops:
- Cook Bacon.
- Place bacon on paper towel covered plate. Leave bacon grease in the pan..
- Using 2 tbs of bacon grease add onions, garlic, 2tbs of brown sugar, rhyme and a 1/4 tsp of salt. Cook until onions are soft and carmelized..
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth. Scrape pan to remove those yummy brown bits..
- Place in slow cooker with remaining chicken broth..
- Add remaining brown sugar, soy sauce, tapioca, and the bay leaves..
- Season chops with salt and pepper. (I browned my chops in skillet then I placed them in slow cooker.)This step isn't necessary though. Place in slow cooker and push into liquid..
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours..
- Place chops on a serving plate and cover with foil..
- Remove bay leaves ans skim as much fat as possible off of surface..
- Stir in vinegar and season to taste..
- I served it over mashed potatoes. Top that with sauce, bacon and chopped parsley..
If you find this Smothered Pork Chops recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.