Pinto beans with pork over cornbread. Pork neck bones pinto beans rice fried cabbage with cornbread and salad. Cooking while children come home from school. Day in the life of the Young.
To serve, ladle beans into a bowl then ladle some bean juice into the bowl, I love these beans with warm buttered cornbread and skillet fried potatoes, Leftover beans are just as good if not better the *Red Beans and Rice is a favorite for me, instead of using pinto beans use small red kidneys, keep. Beans served over cornbread with fixings. Beans and cornbread go together like peanut butter and jelly.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, pinto beans with pork over cornbread. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pork neck bones pinto beans rice fried cabbage with cornbread and salad. Cooking while children come home from school. Day in the life of the Young.
Pinto beans with pork over cornbread is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Pinto beans with pork over cornbread is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have pinto beans with pork over cornbread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pinto beans with pork over cornbread:
- Prepare 1 lb of bag of Pinto beans made according to the package.
- Prepare 2 lb of pack of boneless cubed pork.
- Make ready 1 of large onion diced.
- Get 3 of carrots diced.
- Get 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of minced onion.
- Take 1 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1 Tbsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bacon bits. (Picture of the package is posted below).
- Take 2 boxes of Jiffy muffin mix made according to package.
They're so good when served together. This recipe from the Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) comes from her first book: The Pioneer Woman Cooks. This hearty pinto bean dish uses smoked ham hock to add flavor and richness. A bit of tomato sauce and brown sugar gives this meal a little zing.
Steps to make Pinto beans with pork over cornbread:
- In 3-4 cups of water boil pork, onion, garlic and carrots until all is tender..
- While that's boiling you can quick soak your beans according to package directions. Also make your cornbread according to package directions..
- After an hour of the pork mixture boiling and the beans soaking, you can add them all to the same pan and continue boiling. For another hour to an hour and a half. You can taste test and stop when you like. But during that time add the minced onion, garlic powder, celery salt and bacon bits..
- Crumble cornbread onto dish and cover with beans. Make sure to get some of the juice too. There's a lot of flavor in it..
I've added to the recipe, and my Mother used to say mine were the best beans she'd ever tasted. Serve the Southern way – with cornbread and steamed. Classic Southern style pinto beans, stewed with salt pork and cayenne pepper and always served with a side of cornbread. Serve as is, or over hot, steamed rice, with raw or pickled onions and cornbread, corn muffins or cornmeal hoecakes on the side. Can pinto beans be cooked ahead of time?
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pinto beans with pork over cornbread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!