Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gingersnap Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gingersnap Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we ought to avoid them. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super nourishing and good for you. There are several foods that, when you eat them, can boost your mood. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try some of these.
Build a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all great for raising your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more of it in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Nuts, along with bettering your mood, can be a super protein source.
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gingersnap cookies recipe. To make gingersnap cookies you only need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Gingersnap Cookies:
- Get 2 cups of and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Get 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened.
- Use 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of finely minced candied ginger.
- Use 1/4 cup of molasses.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Use 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Provide 1/2 of white sugar, or as needed for rolling cookies.
Steps to make Gingersnap Cookies:
- Whisk flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cloves, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and 2/3 cup sugar together in a separate bowl until smooth, for about 2 minutes. Add the candied ginger, molasses, vanilla, and egg. Whisk until well blended..
- Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture and mix just until the flour disappears. Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour 1/2 cup sugar in a small shallow dish for rolling cookies..
- Form dough into 1 1/2 teaspoon balls, then roll in the sugar before placing on the lined baking sheet..
- Flatten the cookies to about 1/4 inch thick. (I like to cover the cookie with a small piece of parchment or plastic wrap and then flatten with the bottom of a 1/4 cup measuring cup. The plastic or paper helps keep the cookie from sticking to whatever you use to flatten it). I have also tried rolling out the dough 1/4 inch thick to cut out gingersnap people with a cookie cutter. Dough will soften up if you do this, so rechill as needed..
- Sprinkle cookies with a pinch of sugar before baking in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. (Less time for a chewier cookie, more time for a snappier cookie).
- Once cookies are cooled, you can decorate with icing if desired, but they really don't need anything and are delicious on their own!.
She's a great cook, but she avoids recipes and baking usually entails rather particular recipes, so she leaves the baking to my father and me. Gingersnap cookies are tiny edible bursts of holiday magic. Browned butter and molasses provide a dark hue and deep caramelized notes. To add some unsuspecting flavor, robust dried and fresh spices are added to the batter. Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and a blend of peppers makes the taste buds tingle.
If you find this Gingersnap Cookies recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.