Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that really can raise your moods when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, test out some of these.
Some grains are truly wonderful for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually wonderful for helping boost your happiness levels. They help you feel full also which can actually help to improve your mood. Feeling hungry can be awful! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not hard for your stomach to digest. You digest these foods more quickly than other things which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to black bean and rice soup – slow cooker recipe. You can have black bean and rice soup – slow cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Take of Black Bean Soup:.
- You need 2 cans (15 oz.) of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- Use 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (whatever kind).
- Use 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp. of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander, pepper.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- Provide 1 1/4 cup of unsalted vegetable broth.
Instructions to make Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
Traditional black beans and rice is made slow cooker easy without sacrificing the spices and seasoning this dish is famous for. Putting the beans into the slow cooker, sorting out any rocks, dirt clumps, and other debris. Cover with a few inches of water and place the lid on top. Leave the beans to soak overnight. Stir the beans, aromatics, and water together until just combined.
If you find this Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.