Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less In The Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more green we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
While it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave rather than in the oven will save you a packet of money. Perhaps the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will encourage you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances can boil water or steam vegetables more quickly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might believe that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. A dishwasher is particularly effective when it’s full before a cycle is commenced. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little elements that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that difficult. Typically, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nana's old fashioned whoopie pies recipe. To cook nana's old fashioned whoopie pies you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies:
- Prepare of cookies.
- Provide 6 tbsp of shortening.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 6 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Use 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Provide of filling.
- Get 3/4 cup of shortening.
- You need 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Provide 6 tbsp of marshmallow fluff.
Instructions to make Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies:
- Preheat over to 375°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets. Set aside..
- Put all cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat together with electric mixer until just incorporated. Batter Will be very thick..
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons into 12 evenly distributed mounds on the first greased cookie sheet. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes. While in oven fill second cookie sheet in same manner. You should get 24 cookies total. You can make smaller and get one more dozen for 36 total. If you must reuse the first cookie sheet let it cool before baking next batch..
- When first cookies are done swap out In oven with second cookie sheet. Let first batch cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then carefully transfer to wire rack to finish cooling completely. Repeat with following batch(es) when done as well..
- While cookies cool, place all filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy (it should look about doubled in size from.when.you started when whipped properly)..
- When cookies are completely cool, spread about one tablespoon of filling on the bottom (flat) side of one cookie. Pick a second cookie about the same shape and gently press bottom side on top of filling. Repeat until all cookies and filling are used up..
- Enjoy fresh or wrap individually in plastic wrap to save for later. Place in fridge if desired (we like them cold lol)..
- Note: You can substitute butter for the shortening. Allow the butter to set out for about an hour to soften before use. I personally do not like margarine for this recipe (or any baked good lol), but it can be used as well..
If you find this Nana's Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.