Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crab and sausage cornbread dressing recipe. You can cook crab and sausage cornbread dressing using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- You need 6 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- Provide 6 of Eggs.
- Provide 2 Cups of Milk.
- You need 1 Lb of Jimmy Dean or Park Sage Sausage.
- Get 1 Lb of Lump Crab Meat.
- Provide 1 Box of Chicken Stock.
- Take 1 Qt of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 of Each Diced Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers.
- Use 1 of Large Diced Onion.
- Provide 4 of Large Chopped Cloves Garlic.
- Take to Taste of Poultry Seasoning.
- Provide 4 Stalks of Diced Celery.
Instructions to make Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing:
- Mix Corn Muffin Mix, Eggs and Milk into a batter and pour into a well greased casserole pan and bake as per instructions on the box about 30 to 45 minutes. After it is done and cools crumple it up and put in a covered dish on the counter for about 24 hours so it goes slightly stale..
- Fry Sausage in a skillet till fully cooked and drain. Set aside..
- In a 12 quart stock pot add a half a stick of butter and melt it. Add the veggies and sauté till slightly soft..
- Add the Sausage and Crab Meat and combine with the veggies in the pot..
- Add the Garlic and Poultry Seasoning (to taste as it’s strong stuff) and combine with the other ingredients in the pot..
- Add the Butter Milk and Chicken Stock to the pot and stir it all up..
- Add the Crumbled Corn Bread in stages and insure you fully incorporate it all into the pot with all the other good stuff. It’ll be a bit mushy and wet but it’s supposed to be that way..
- Pour the contents of the entire pot into a well greased casserole dish..
- Keep covered in fridge till ready to cook and serve it. When ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees and once heated put casserole in and back for 30 to 45 minutes. Voila! Your done!.
Mix well and add crab meat. Add mixture to sauteed vegetables and mix well on low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with bread crumbs and green onions and dot with margarine. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in pot.
If you find this Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.