Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Clams in Broth / Clear Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Clams in Broth / Clear Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Clams in Broth / Clear Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be extremely nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are wonderful for helping you combat depression. Just be sure that you don’t throw away the yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you boost your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Try to eat an egg and feel happier!
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to clams in broth / clear soup recipe. You can have clams in broth / clear soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Clams in Broth / Clear Soup:
- You need 1 of kilo clams.
- Prepare 2-3 of small tomatoes, sliced.
- Provide 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Use 1 of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 of whole small ginger, jullienned.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Get 2-3 bunches of sili (chili) leaves, stems removed and washed.
- Prepare 2 c of water or more.
- You need 1/4 c of 7-up or sprite, optional.
- You need to taste of Fish sauce.
Instructions to make Clams in Broth / Clear Soup:
- Clean/scrub clam shells. Discard open ones, they are dead..
- In a pan, sauté in butter, the garlic and onions until cooked. Add the tomatoes and ginger. Continue sautéing then transfer to a pot..
- Add the clams and mix a bit, then add water enough to cover the shells. Add fish sauce according to how salty you want it. Add more ginger if desired. Add 7-up if desired, for sweetness. Stir in the chili leaves. Taste and adjust accordingly..
- Bring to a boil until clams open. Turn off heat. Discard closed shells. Serve while hot..
The rich broth of this clear broth Rhode Island clam chowder is loaded with potatoes, bacon, and either cherry-stones or quahogs (same species of hard-shell clam, quahogs being bigger than cherrystones), depending on what's fresh that day. Cook salt pork in a large pot over medium heat, rendering fat. Drain, reserving cracklings and enough drippings to cook onion, celery, and leek until soft. Add clam juice and water, potatoes, and bay leaf. Simmer, skimming off any scum that rises to the top, then remove the clams as they open.
If you find this Clams in Broth / Clear Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.