Vegetable ham stew. Another great way to use up that leftover ham. This is what happens when you make a hearty vegetable stew using a homemade ham stock and some beer- a mouthful of deliciousness! Tuck into a wholesome, hearty vegetable stew for dinner.
Ham and Vegetable Stew – Down to earth and just delicious – guaranteed to be gone fast! Canned soup and jarred cheese dip make this ham stew super easy to make. All Reviews for Creamy Ham and Vegetable Stew.
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, vegetable ham stew. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vegetable ham stew is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Vegetable ham stew is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Another great way to use up that leftover ham. This is what happens when you make a hearty vegetable stew using a homemade ham stock and some beer- a mouthful of deliciousness! Tuck into a wholesome, hearty vegetable stew for dinner.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook vegetable ham stew using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetable ham stew:
- Prepare 1 of meaty ham bone.
- Get of crockpot.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- Make ready 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- Take 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 head of red cabbage.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- Take 6 of mushrooms (quartered).
- Get 3 of green onions.
- Make ready 1 of yellow squash.
- Make ready 2 cup of frozen french cut green beans.
- Make ready 1 cup of fresh frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sage.
- Get 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Take 1 large of bay leaf.
A Hearty Vegetable Stew chock full of healthy starches, veggies, mushrooms, and a rich savory broth. Paired with a thick slice of homemade bread – perfect. Cook this hearty stew in a slow cooker for a super easy dinner. Slow cook a ham bone in a rich vegetable soup to make this soup that will warm your bones on a Added chopped kale & small pasta noodles.
Instructions to make Vegetable ham stew:
- Remove skin, ligaments, and fat from the meaty ham bone..
- Boil/simmer bone until meat falls off (~1 hr.).
- Remove and reserve meat. For low fat version discard liquid, otherwise skim fat and reserve liquid..
- Add bouillon cubes and water or reserved liquid to crockpot..
- Add tomato paste to crockpot and stir..
- Add ham to crockpot.
- Coarsely chop vegetables and add to crockpot..
- Add water to cover contents..
- Add spices, stir, cover and cook on low ~6 hours or until carrots are done..
Stewed tomatoes versus chopped tomatoes added more. The soup-stew is so thick with beans, leeks, root vegetables, and cabbage that you can almost eat it with a fork. Garbure (French Ham and Vegetable Stew). A comforting vegetable stew is all I need on a cool winter day (despite that it never gets cold where I You can leave it chunky like a stew or use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the. Hearty Vegetable Stew. featured in Hearty Stews That Will Fill You Up.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food vegetable ham stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!