Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vatteappam / Steamed Rice and coconut cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vatteappam / Steamed Rice and coconut cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. When our work day is complete, most people do not wish to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Be sensible when you do your grocery shopping. Making good decisions when shopping for groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go to your apartment and make a little something from your kitchen. Fill your pantry shelves with nutritious foods. This makes it effortless to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about losing weight. You need your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vatteappam / steamed rice and coconut cake recipe. To make vatteappam / steamed rice and coconut cake you need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vatteappam / Steamed Rice and coconut cake:
- Get of raw rice.
- Provide of fresh grated coconut.
- Use of cooked rice.
- Use of instant yeast.
- Provide of cardmom pods crushed.
- Prepare of Jeera or dry fruits to top (use cashews or rasins).
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of sugar (according to taste).
- Prepare of Water to grind.
- Prepare of Oil to grease.
Steps to make Vatteappam / Steamed Rice and coconut cake:
- Soak the raw rice for at least 4 hrs and grind it along with freshly grated coconut and Cook rice and grind it to a fine paste..
- Add crushed cardamom, sugar and salt and give is a nice grind again in the mixer. Add the yeast and final grind, just once..
- Pour the batter in a vessel and wait for at least 2 hours to puff it up. The batter comes out like fermented idli batter..
- Use a cake tin, grease it's sides and then pour this batter. Top it with cumin or dry fruits and steam it for 15 to 20 min till done..
- Remove it from steamer and cut them into pieces like a cake and serve them with tea or as snacks..
This is made from raw rice and coconut. We can have it as a Grind the rice with cooked rice by adding coconut milk and little water if needed to a fine paste (If you are using grated coconut. Vattayappam is Kerala's own fermented Steamed Rice Cake. One of the healthiest traditional tea time snack with almost no oil. "Vatta" means "round".vattayappam is basically rice and coconut grinded together and fermented with yeast.it is very soft and. Vattayappam is a kind of steamed rice cake commonly served as a snack or breakfast.
If you find this Vatteappam / Steamed Rice and coconut cake recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.