Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Simple Calabacitas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Calabacitas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Calabacitas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green Plus Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That has fully changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Let’s begin with something quite simple, changing the actual light bulbs. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are energy-savers, and you will need to use them instead of incandescent lights. They cost a little bit more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. One of the extras is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it ensures that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. You also have to get the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. In the kitchen is where you’ll regularly find members of a family, and often the lights may not be turned off until the last person goes to bed. This likewise takes place in the rest of the house, but we’re trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and discover exactly how much electricity you can save.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not really that tough. A lot of it truly is basically using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple calabacitas recipe. You can have simple calabacitas using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Simple Calabacitas:
- Prepare of zucchini (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- Use of yellow squash (cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4" slices).
- Use of ear of sweet corn kernels.
- Get of onion powder.
- Provide of garlic powder.
- Use of salt & pepper.
- Provide of Mozzerella cheese, shredded.
Instructions to make Simple Calabacitas:
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT cheese. Gently toss to coat.
- Steam veggies for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top (I like mine super cheesey!).
- *If you do not have a steamer, you can bring a few cups of water to a boil in a small stock pot. Place veggies in a metal strainer and set atop the pot and cover with a lid (see pic).
- **I discovered calabacitas when I lived in New Mexico. There are several variations, but this is just a simple basic "go grab it out of my garden" version!.
If you find this Simple Calabacitas recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.