Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Jan's Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jan's Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jan's Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of well being. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jan's cornbread recipe. To make jan's cornbread you need 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jan's Cornbread:
- Prepare of For a 8 inch skillet:.
- You need 1 Cup of Self Rising Cornmeal.
- Provide 1 of Large Egg.
- Get 3/4 cup of Milk or buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Take 3 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get of For a 12 inch skillet increase ingredients:.
- You need 2 cups of cornmeal.
- Use 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk or buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of oil.
Steps to make Jan's Cornbread:
- Pour oil in an 8 (or 12)inch iron skillet and place in oven at 400 degrees until oil sizzles..
- Mix cornmeal, egg, milk and sugar in bowl. Pour hot oil over cornmeal mixture, stirring lightly and return to skillet..
- Bake in 400 degrees oven until golden brown. About 30 minutes..
A simple, slightly sweet corn bread made in the versatile cast-iron skillet. Tastes great and is a good base recipe to experiment with. Cast-iron skillets take a little bit of time to warm up. Pre-warming the skillet allows the corn bread to cook evenly. Also instead of using self rising flour, I will show you how to make this sweet cornbread recipe with simple every day all purpose flour.
If you find this Jan's Cornbread recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.