Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sage cornbread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sage Cornbread is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Sage Cornbread is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sage cornbread using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sage Cornbread:
- Make ready 2-3/4 cup of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Take 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Get 3 of medium eggs.
- Get 2 cup of corn.
- Take 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Get 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lard heaping.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of green onions sliced thinly.
- Make ready As needed of bacon drippings to grease the skillet.
- Take 2 ounce of bacon.
- Prepare As needed of kosher salt topping.
Steps to make Sage Cornbread:
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the bacon into little pieces. Grease the pan with bacon drippings..
- Mix all the ingredients together except the water, and bacon pieces..
- Add the baking soda to the water let sit 3 minutes. Then add to the cornbread mixture..
- Pour into the hot skillet greased with the lard..
- Add bacon pieces on top of the mixture..
- Put into hot oven and bake. 40-45 minutes until the bacon gets done but make sure that everything is cooked through..
- Remove from oven add a sprinkle of kosher salt on top, and let cool and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sage cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!