Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These types of modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
You may prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. Possibly the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will boil water or steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is specifically efficient when it’s full before a cycle is started. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
The kitchen alone gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite easy to live green, after all. Largely, all it will take is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy berry crumble/ crisp/ cobbler-type thing with cereal streusel topping recipe. You can have easy berry crumble/ crisp/ cobbler-type thing with cereal streusel topping using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping:
- Use of For streusel topping:.
- Prepare 1 cup of cereal with flakes (if it's got dried fruits and nuts, even better!) Granola and muesli work, too.
- Provide 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) of butter, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Take 3/4 cups of packed brown sugar (light or dark ok).
- Use 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- Take 1/8-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, depending on how much you like that sweet-salty contrast in your desserts.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Berry filling:.
- Get 1.5-2 of lbs. berries, washed and drained. Most kinds can be left whole, strawberries should be halved/ quartered depending on size.
- Take 1.5-2 Tablespoons of flour or corn starch.
- You need 1-3 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how tart your berries are and how sweet you want your filling.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of water for each 1/2 pound of berries.
Instructions to make Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping:
- In a large mixing bowl, throw in all the streusel topping ingredients, making sure to distribute the salt and cinnamon as evenly as you can across the mixture. Leaving the cereal off to one side, use your fingers in a milking motion to incorporate the butter, brown sugar and flour together until you have pea-sized clumps..
- Add the cereal in and gently massage to evenly incorporate it throughout the butter/sugar/flour paste. Put in a container and refrigerate for at least 20 to 25 minutes to allow the butter to harden again before baking. If you're going to bake fairly immediately, put the streusel mixture in the freezer for a good 10 to 15 minutes before baking..
- Preheat the oven to 400F (This usually takes anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the oven)..
- Prepare the berries by gently tossing them in a large bowl with the flour or corn starch and sugar to evenly distribute the flour and sugar and to coat each berry thoroughly..
- Pour the berry mixture into a baking dish that is at least large enough in surface area to allow you to spread the berries in a roughly 2-inch layer. Then spoon the appropriate amount of water over the top of the fruit mixture. The reason I suggest the water be added after the fruit is mixed with the flour or starch and sugar is to avoid too much clumping..
- Top the berries with a roughly 2/3-inch layer of streusel topping and bake for roughly 25 minutes, or until the streusel topping is baked through to a dark golden brown. Not to worry if your baking dish is so large that the berries would spread out more thinly. Just gather them toward the center to make a roughly 2-inch thick mound. It's called a crumble. How precise could it be, right? :D.
- Cool for 10 minutes or so and serve a heaping scoopful with a slightly less heaping scoopful of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top. Enjoy! :).
- P.S. Leftovers go great with your morning yogurt. ;).
If you find this Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.