Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino food series: baguio’s good shepherds ube halaya custard cake (purple yam custard cake) recipe. To make filipino food series: baguio’s good shepherds ube halaya custard cake (purple yam custard cake) you need 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake):
- Get of Custard Ingredients: 5 egg yolks, 1 egg, 3 tsp brown sugar (you can add more if you like☺️) 1 tsp vanilla, 2/ tsp water, 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, 1/2 cup condensed milk.
- Take of Cake: 5 egg whites, 2 egg yolks, 2 tsp white sugar, 1 tbsp Purple Yam, 1tsp purple food colour, 1/4cup evaporated milk, 1/8 corn oil, 3/4 cup cake flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder.
- Take of Frosting: 1 bottle of Ube Halaya Jam (Purple Yam).
Steps to make Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake):
- Custard – Make the caramel base of the custard first by melting sugar with a little bit of water. Once sugar is caramelised set it aside. In a separate bowl, mix egg, egg yolks, evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla. Then strain the egg mixture 4-5 times until it’s smooth. Remove the bubbles and pour in the mixture to the pan with the caramelised sugar..
- Cover with foil then punch holes to avoid water drops. Pre-heat the steamer for at least 10 minutes then put the custard pan and steam it for 30-40 minutes. Let it cool down, set aside or put it in a fridge..
- Cake Meringue – Make the egg white frothy first. Add sugar while continuously whisking until you achieve peaks. Set aside..
- Cake Batter: Mix together egg yolks, sugar, evaporated milk, oil, vanilla, Ube Halaya, purple food colour. Then add the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda. Mix until no lump. Then add the meringue by batch then fold gently..
- Pour in the mixture into a round shaped baking pan and steam it for 40 to 60 minutes. Use a skewer to test if cake is fully cooked. Set aside and let it cool down before cutting it into half..
- Frosting: I used the remaining Ube Halaya for frosting and Rosetta swirls using a piping tool (I think it would come out better using a piping bag) ✌️.
If you find this Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.