Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Healthy Jambalaya recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Jambalaya recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Jambalaya recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
When searching for a convenient wholesome snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch isn’t a good idea. You can not beat yogurt any time it comes to a healthy snack though. It is made up of a lot of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by most people. Quick hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to enjoy a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy jambalaya recipe. To make healthy jambalaya you only need 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Healthy Jambalaya:
- Provide 4 of Aidells Cajun Andouille Sausage links.
- Provide 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- Prepare 3 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 of jalapeno pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of green pepper, chopped.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Get 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 2 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice.
- Take 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 cup of water.
- Provide 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 tsp of hot sauce.
- Take 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped.
Instructions to make Healthy Jambalaya:
- Combine rice and chicken broth in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir once, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 40 minutes (or about 10 minutes less than stated on the package directions). Tip: start the rice before chopping other ingredients..
- Heat oil in large pot or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sausages until lightly browned, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeño, celery and garlic. Season with crushed red pepper, onion powder, and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent and tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add partially cooked rice, water, and tomatoes. Stir, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender (about 10 minutes)..
- Stir in tobacco sauce and serve..
YUM! 😋 Seeing as how food is a big part of Mardi Gras and cajun culture, I thought I'd celebrate it with this chicken and sausage jambalaya recipe. You can modify this recipe and add shrimp if you want to. My son doesn't love shrimp, though. Jambalaya Ingredients: Alright, let's talk ingredients. To make classic jambalaya, you will need: The Cajun/Creole "holy trinity": Celery, onion and green bell pepper (although for some extra color, I've also used red and yellow bell peppers).
If you find this Healthy Jambalaya recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.