Bengali Mutton Curry.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, bengali mutton curry. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bengali Mutton Curry is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Bengali Mutton Curry is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook bengali mutton curry using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bengali Mutton Curry:
- Get of For marinade.
- Make ready 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kefir or smoothly whipped yoghurt.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Make ready 1/2 of kilo mutton shank.
- Get of For the curry.
- Take of Mustard oil.
- Prepare 5 of dry bay leaves.
- Get 3 of dry red chillies.
- Make ready 2 of medium onions, sliced as thinly as possible.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 5 of cardamom pods.
- Get 5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of coriander seed powder.
- Take of Green chilli paste made from 3 or 4 Thai chillies.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 2 of potatoes.
- Make ready 2 litres of hot water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get Pinch of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ghee.
- Get 2 tbsp of yoghurt or 1/4 cup kefir.
Steps to make Bengali Mutton Curry:
- Marinate the meat for at least 2 hours – overnight is best, with salt, turmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste, yoghurt, and mustard oil..
- Pour enough mustard oil in a pan to create a 1 centimetre layer. Heat on medium till just barely smoking, and oil’s colour lightens to pale yellow. Add bay leaves, dry chillies, cloves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick..
- Fry onions till medium brown, but they shouldn’t be crispy. Add ginger-garlic paste, and fry for a minute..
- Tilt the pan and gather the oil to one side, and add the turmeric and chilli powder, fry for a few seconds and then mix everything together..
- Add green chilli paste and coriander powder and then mix well..
- Turn heat to low, let pan cool for 30 seconds to a minute, add yoghurt/kefir and stir vigorously to prevent it from splitting..
- Add the meat and sauté till slightly browned..
- Add the hot water, bring it down to a simmer, and simmer from 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours..
- Add ghee and garam masala, stir, and remove from the flame..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food bengali mutton curry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!